We offer our members
Your membership is important to us and to you!
Membership provides financial support for the following programs:
- Tech Transfer Program Research Specialists for Ontario's beekeeping industry, a honey bee breeding program and transfer of information, Hygienic Testing (fee based), skills, methodologies, workshops and courses.
- Bi-monthly Ontario Bee Journal magazine with up-to-date information, advertising opportunities directly to your industry and updates on the Association.
- Insurance programs Comprehensive General Liability Insurance at reasonable costs for voting and non-voting members
- Seminars and field days to exchange ideas and experiences, hands-on demos, marketing workshops, tours, bee supplier contacts, equipment demos, up-to-date information (all welcome)
- Website provides valuable links to programs, materials, technical papers, advertising, educational resources and marketing information.
- Contact and support with Ontario Local Beekeeping Organizations
- Representation on Canadian Honey Council, AGCare, Agricultural Adaptation Council, Eastern Apiculture Society, Ontario Federation of Agriculture and Ontario Agriculture Commodity Council, Safety Net Programs, Royal Winter Fair.
- Committee monitoring of changes in Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Federal and Provincial policies
- Work in conjunction with the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) and the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources with regards to wildlife crop damage
- Preferred rates for members on meetings and convention which include high caliber Guest Speakers of International acclaim.
- Provincial Office provides administration support in meeting organization, membership, advertising, marketing, education, promotional materials
- Advance Payments Program with up to $100,000 interest free loan to qualified members
- Opportunity of Membership in the Ontario Honey Bee Pollination Association, Ontario Bee Breeders' Association and the Ontario Apitherapy Association.
- Financial support to the Canadian Honey Council to advocate beekeeping on your behalf at the Federal level.
- Preferred subscription rates to American Bee Journal and Bee Culture Magazine.
Your membership provides the Association with:
- A voice to Federal and Provincial levels of Government.
- Technical advancement in beekeeping.
- The administrative ability to provide benefits to our members and education/marketing to our public.
Associate (non-voting) $85, Voting $100 + .50 cents per hive, maximum If you have 50 hives or more you must take out a Voting Membership and a Canadian Honey Council Membership. Out of Province must take out an Associate Membership. Junior Membership - 16 yrs or younger $15.00 (certificate only, does not include The Ontario Bee Journal)
All subject to 13% HST.
What's all the buzz about?
This educational brochure is available only to OBA Member's. Our Members have the opportunity to download this document in the member's log in area of the website.
100% Ontario Honey
Click here for more information on the new OBA 100% Ontario Honey labels and other marketing resources for you to use to promote Ontario honey.
Check out our own recipe website: www.ontariohoney.ca for great recipes and nutritional information about quality Ontario honey.